IEAAV - Urban Pharaohs is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers who love Egypt and Egyptian culture.
Our aim is to share and celebrate the best of Egypt with our extended community and bring what we love and miss to Australia.
Our objects are:
- To promote arts and culture that present multifarious art, support aesthetics, broaden understanding and celebrate diversity.
- To support benevolent activities that benefit Egyptian and other communities in Australia and overseas.
- To promote within Australia a better understanding of Egyptian issues, history and culture to bridge the gap with the Australian culture via a wide variety of forums (Art Galleries, Conferences, Film Screenings/Festivals, Debates, Exhibitions and so forth) to display and discuss social, cultural, scientific and educational matters relevant to the Egyptian-Australian community.
- To voice, communicate and promote affairs that concern Egyptian and other communities to enhance better understanding among Australian communities.
- To advance positive relationships and enhance bonds among the Egyptian community and develop harmonious connections with other communities to benefit all Australian society.
- To unite and promote social contact, mutual cooperation, and recreation between persons of Egyptian descent, origin or durable habitation, their spouses and families.
- To provide a support base for newly arriving Egyptian immigrants and visitors to Australia.
- To provide regular news in form of newsletters, emails or similar media detailing community information, activities and any other data considered of interest to the association’s members.
IEAAV - Urban Pharaohs had delivered a number of successful major events such as:
- Art of the Urban Pharaohs exhibition at Parliament House August 2014.
- Art of the UrbanPharaohs exhibition and Viva Victoria festival Federation Square March 2014.
- Egyptian Eid Gathering, ISOMER Mosque - Saturday, 10 August 2013 - over 150 members and invitees.
- Ramadan Breakfast, Uniting Church - Saturday, 13 July 2013 - over 150 members and invitees.
- Egyptian Gathering in Brunswick Town Hall - Saturday, 21 January 2012 - over 150 members and invitees.
- Egyptian art presentation RMIT, Radio Theatre, 330 Swanston Street - Saturday, 11 February 2012 - over 50 members and invitees.